Sunday, April 12, 2009
Sometimes we just take life way too darn seriously. We think that we have to get everything done on our to-do list TODAY, and that we should have achieved all of our goals yesterday. Taxes are due in a few days, the house needs cleaned, the laundry is piling up, you haven’t worked out in awhile, etc. So much to do, so little time!
If you’re familiar with the law of attraction then you know that sometimes stressing yourself out to check everything off your to-do list and leaving little time for fun actually works against you in creating your ideal life. The law of attraction states that the key to creating things in life is not only thinking thoughts that are in alignment with what you wish to create, but also finding those things that make you feel good and doing more of that. It sounds counter-intuitive in our society that values action, action, and more action, but sometimes the best thing you can do is just goof off a little, take a nap, or watch a good movie!
So today I want to remind (and myself) to lighten up! Here are some suggestions:
- Take a stroll around your neighborhood and notice all the blooming flowers
- Go to Starbucks and enjoy your coffee and newspaper there, rather than rushing straight home
- Paint some Easter Eggs or go on an Easter Egg hunt - hey, adults can do this too!! (and no, they don't have to be as intricate as the ones above)
- Go to www.cafepress.com and create your own fun, personalized t-shirts!
- Watch a really good movie
- Read a steamy romance novel
- Read a gossip celebrity magazine
- Create a vision board and really let your imagination run wild!
- Take a much-needed nap
- Do a paint-by-numbers painting
- Take your dog for an extra long walk; if you don’t have a dog, ask to borrow a friend’s!
Those are just a few examples, but you get the point. There are so many fun, inexpensive things to do that many of us never even think about. We are so focused on getting all of our “tasks” done, that we forget that life is meant to be FUN!!! Remember, life is all about the journey, not the destination! :-)
If you take time today to lighten up and infuse your life with more fun, creativity, and goofing off, not only will you enjoy the ride of life more but you’ll actually end up creating more happiness in your future. Everything you are thinking and feeling today is actually creating what you will think and feel in the future. Remember, positive feelings today = positive feelings in the future!
Posted by Self Help Goddess at 7:26 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
That's some good advice. I will take it! We do need to relax now and then and not try so hard to force things to work out for us the way we would have them. Allow the law of attraction to work for us!ReplyDelete
FYI I left a few clicks for you ;)
Exactly, Dennis!! I found myself trying WAY too hard last week, and I just ended up frustrated and stuck. Time to r-e-l-a-x a little!ReplyDelete
Your website looks right up my alley! Going to go explore it a little... :-)
Thanks for your comment (and your clicks)!